Camp Erin - Albany
Camp Erin - Albany 2018
WHEN: Friday, Sept 21st 5pm - Sunday, Sept 23rd 1:30pm
Drop off / Return: Maria College, 700 New Scotland Ave, Albany NY
Online Application - Printable Application
Camp Erin Albany is a free, weekend bereavement camp for children and teens ages 6‐17 who are grieving the death of someone close to them. It is a fun, traditional camp combined with grief education, peer bonding, and emotional support led by grief support professionals and trained volunteers. Camp Erin Albany is part of The Moyer Foundation’s national Camp Erin program.
Camp Erin is the largest national bereavement program for youth grieving the death of a significant person in their lives. Children and teens ages 6‐17 attend a transformational weekend camp that combines traditional, fun camp activities with grief education and emotional support, free of charge for all families. Led by grief professionals and trained volunteers, Camp Erin provides a unique opportunity for youth to increase levels of hope, enhance self‐esteem, and especially to learn that they are not alone. The Moyer Foundation partners with hospices and bereavement organizations to bring hope and healing to thousands of grieving children and teens each year.
- Are aged 6-17 years old
- Have experienced the death of a family member or friend
- Have lost their loved one due to illness, homicide, suicide, natural causes, or an accident
- Have lost their loved one recently, or many years ago
- Are attending Camp Erin for the first time
- Are required to attend a Camp Erin Info Session and the Ice Cream Social with a legal guardian
Requirements for Camp Erin - Albany 2018:
- Grief Services Application – Due by August 1 - must be completed by the legal guardian
- Guardian and children must meet with a Grief Counselor face-to-face
- All paperwork, consents, agreements, and a photo of the child must be submitted
- Attend the Ice Cream Social, Sunday Sept 9th, 2pm-4pm at Maria College
- Attend Camp Erin Weekend, Friday Sept 21, 5pm – Sunday Sept 23, 1:30pm
- Optional: Attend the annual Camp Erin Reunion (Saturday, November 4th, 10:00am-11:30am)
View our photographs from previous years:
For more information, please call Dana Carll, LMHC 518-285-8137.